Allied Materials & Equipment Co., Inc. is a manufacturing company with over 66 years of experience. A place where your impact is noticed and rewarded. Our most important resource and differentiator is our people and their commitment to our growth. We are expanding our team to take advantage of new opportunities and are excited to find our newest member of our team!
Upkeep and repair the interior and exterior of company premises. Keep our facilities in perfect condition by doing various tasks. Assist with machine maintenance and repair when called upon.
- Perform lawn care and landscaping on the grounds of the facility.
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks, etc.).
- Fix doors and change locks as needed.
- Undertake light installation or carpentry (i.e. install shelves and racking).
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Make minor plumbing repairs in facility restrooms and break rooms as needed.
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (i.e. shoveling snow).
- Perform janitorial duties when necessary (during absences, etc.).
- Perform material handling duties when necessary.
- Attend to members of staff promptly when called upon.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance per established schedule. Typical activities include: 1. Using oil cans and grease guns to lubricate specific machine parts. 2. Cleaning or changing air and oil filters 3. Cleaning paper dust, glue, and other build-up from equipment. Cleaning duties require the ability to climb ladders and gain access to elevated machine surfaces.
- Keep work area clean.
- Bring safety concerns to the attention of the Operations Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform the duties of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Dependability - Follow instructions, respond to management direction; Take responsibility for own actions; Keep commitments; Commit to required hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Analytical – Be observant regarding the condition of plant, grounds, and equipment. Use intuition and experience to make decisions and react accordingly.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; work well in group problem-solving situations; use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focus on conflict resolution, not blaming; maintain confidentiality; listen to others without interrupting; keep emotions under control; remain open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation; participate in meetings.
- Quality Management – Look for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treat people with respect; Keep commitments; inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity and ethically; Uphold organizational values.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensure work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Professionalism - Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapt to changes in the work environment; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Ability to adapt to changing daily responsibilities.
- Innovation – Display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges and resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas; present ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Quantity - Meet productivity standards; Complete work in a timely manner. Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Cost Consciousness - Develop and implement cost-saving measures; Contribute to profits and revenue; Conserve organizational resources.
- Safety and Security - Observe safety and security procedures; Determine appropriate action beyond guidelines; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly. Awareness of safety procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plan work activities; Use time efficiently.
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit; put team success above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
Education and/or Experience
High school equivalency preferred.
- Proven experience as a handyman.
- Experience with basic hand tools (hammers, drills, saws, etc.) and basic electrical equipment (vacuums, etc.).
Ability to read.
Ability to calculate basic figures. volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Required Skills and Abilities
To perform the job successfully one must have a strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to use measuring devices such as calipers or tape measure. One should be able to operate machines/hand tools. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and strong problem-solving abilities. Should be a self-starter with a high degree of initiative. The ability to read manuals, communicate and follow instructions. The ability to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime, as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and/or smell. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Examples of specific job duties of the physical demands could be to mow grass, climb ladders, operate machines, help move parts, handle and install parts. Duties could include running airlines, installing electrical and maintenance of machines. Hearing acuity to distinguish machine sounds for diagnostic purposes.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Exposure could be while operating the machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The employee, on occasion, is exposed to temperatures above 90 degrees and below 60 degrees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.